Irwin Christmas Photo

Irwin Christmas Photo

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back: My Camera

The past year has been a wonderful year, one crazy, wonderful year. We have moved MANY times. Our biggest move of course being moving to the other side of the planet. We moved to China about one month ago with our 13 month old and a new baby on the way. We all had many adjustments to make. We have loved home and we know with out a doubt we are in the place we are supposed to be, however, this does not mean that these changes were with out stress. I feel like I have kept it together pretty well over the course of packing, moving, and adjusting (of course it doesn't hurt that I have the most wonderful, helpful, loving husband ever), but I recently experienced the "straw that broke the camels back." I'm sure there are other hormonal women out there that can relate to the idea of handling many big stressors without much problem and then SNAP. Its that tiny, trivial incident that happens and    opens the flood gates. When it happens, to you its a much needed emotional release and to the rest of the world you are officially a crazy person. Last week my "snap" moment came. My camera got stolen out of our diaper bag. It is seriously unfortunate to lose all the pictures we have taken since we got to China and to have what I consider to be the worlds best camera stolen, but lets be real. It was a five year old point and shoot camera - hardly the end of the world. Never the less, the flood gates were opened. My husband put in a good effort to comfort me, but in my irrational state I informed him that "most of family would not get to see our baby #two until he/she is 2.5 years old, and now they would never even get to see a picture our newest addition." Dramatic? Indeed! Of course, we will replace the camera. We even found a camera to borrow until we buy a new one. And there will be many, MANY pictures of both our sweet babies. This was simply my opportunity for a long overdue melt down and at 19 weeks pregnant I can easily and guiltlessly push some blame on the pregnancy hormones. However, we did decide to start this blog. I am by no means a "blogger" or have any interest in accumulating hits (I think thats the right term). I simply wanted a means of sharing little stories and pictures with our family and friends. I wanted to share the little moments of our life with those we miss and want to be connected to.


No comments: